The thought of Bugs makes me itchy and uncomfortable. Does it make you feel the same way? The recent stories on the news about Bed Bugs being in hotels is an awful thought before you go on vacation this summer. Well, I have found a product that will help you with this. It is called “Stop Bugging Me” a pesticide free treatment that eliminates and prevents bed bugs.
The awesome thing about this product is that it comes in many sizes, one of which is a 3 oz. bottle that is safe for travel by plane. You can throw it in you luggage and when you get to the hotel you can spray down the mattress, the 3 oz. is enough to do 2 Queen size beds. It retails for $7.99 which is not a lot to pay so you don’t get bed bugs, or bring them home.
There is also a 12 oz. size you can buy for $19.99. And then they also sell commercial sizes.
Bed Bugs derived from their preference for living in area’s where people like to sleep, they look no bigger than a sesame seed and are brownish/red in color. The eggs look like white rice before they hatch. The worst part (chills up my spine) they feed on human blood! ICK.
Here is a photo I found of the bed bug life cycle from www.bed-bugs-handbook.com
MYTH BUSTERS :
Bed bugs do not transmit disease and are in no way related to sanitation. The cleanest homes could have them.They do not jump or fly.
Stop Bugging Me is proven 100% effective in killing bed bugs by independent laboratories. I can be sprayed directly onto any detergent safe upholstery, including bedding linens and clothing. The spray formula is 100% biodegradable and has a pleasant botanical scent.
Stop Bugging Me is also coming out with a laundry additive that is naturally derived and formulated to safely and effectively kill bed bugs and dust mites in bedding and washable clothing. This to me is a huge bonus that it will kill dust mites since many members of my family have harsh allergies and asthma.
A second product that I have recently reviewed is called ThermaCELL. This is to help with outside bugs like mosquitoes.
I don’t know about you but I LOVE spending time outside in the summer time. Watching the kids play in the yard, occasionally throwing a ball with them in a game of catch, cook-outs, picnics, and just hanging out with some family and friends. The worst thing when you are trying to enjoy the hot sunny days and warm summer nights is when the bugs come out to play. They ruin our fun times ALL THE TIME.
When I was asked to review a Mosquito Repellent Patio Lantern, I JUMPED at the chance.
Here are some Facts about ThermaCELL:
- It’s up to 98% effective at repelling black flies, mosquitoes, and other flying nuisances. When you’re choosing mosquito lamps or bug repellent lights for your patio, consider the benefits of this dual-function outdoor lantern bugs hate.
- Effective protection from pests: Keeps away up to 98% of mosquitoes and other pests within a 15 x15-foot area, the size of an average patio or deck
- Safe: No open flames or hot wax, no DEET, approved by U.S. EPA
- Comfortable: No smelly lotions, sprays, or oils
- Convenient: Attractive size, portable, lightweight
- Quiet: Silent operation
- Dual-function: Repellent and light features can be used together or separately
- Ideal for backyards, decks, picnics, barbecues, camping, and outdoor parties
- Mosquito repellent operates on a single butane cartridge (included)
- The butane warms an insect repellent mat that releases allethrin
- Allethrin is a synthetic copy of a natural repellent found in pyrethrum flowers, a member of the chrysanthemum family
- 4 LED lights have “low” and “high” illumination settings; lights operate on 4 AA batteries (not included)
- Decorative design for patio and backyard entertaining
- Contains: 1 reusable Mosquito Repellent Patio Lantern, 1 butane cartridge (lasts up to 12 hours), 3 insect repellent mats (lasts up to 4 hours each)
Ever since we got our ThermaCELL lantern put out on our back deck, we have been able to enjoy cook-outs and staying outside chatting into the evening without pesky bugs. What I like most is there is no smell of Citronella and it is safer than lighting candles (especially since I have little children) . I love how it is also a light and it is so cute. It doesn’t look like anything but a lantern. It is very easy to put together and hang. Simple to turn on and off and very attractive. But most importantly, it works. We have not had the problem of mosquitoes and even other bugs flying around while we are outside.
HURRY FOR THIS DEAL!!! – Go to your local Home Depot location for a special deal! With an everyday low price of only $24.94, you can save over $5.00 per Lantern.
Now that I am all itchy from writing this post, I hope it is some informative info. on 2 great products to Keep the bugs away so you don’t have worries when travelling or even if your vacation is staying porch side
You won’t have bugs anymore (at least not bed bugs or mosquitoes)
The Plus Size Mommy
*Disclosure – I was sent samples of both of the above products to review and share the info. about them. All opinions are my own. Other’s opinions may differ.