Ahh the mighty 5-second rule. Yep, we use it at our home (MOST of the time). Although lately I am thinking renewed stipulations are needed to be told to my children
This came about when my 10 yr. old son was eating spaghetti with meatball’s one night a couple weeks ago, and well, we all know the song…and then my poor meatball fell down to the floor, rolled out the door, and became a spaghetti tree?
NOT HERE…. Nope, after my son’s meatball fell onto the floor he picked it up, and popped it back into his mouth, before anyone could even say a word and ate it ! YUCK, yea, I know…I was so grossed out, he didn’t even look at it to see if any dirt was on it! ICK, I still gag thinking about it. But to a boy of age 10, this was most cool and funny. NOTTT!
So, I ask…Do you incorporate the 5 second rule in your home ?
I mean, if it is like a piece of something that the chance of something sticking to it is slim, I don’t mind, but a sauce covered meatball, this is where I draw the line, lol
A few days ago, I was asked to work with Clorox again on a campaign with Samantha Bee (From the “Daily Show”). She discussed the 5 sec. rule , you can read more about it here : http://simpleandsurprising.com/
I am able to offer you a Clorox Gift pack values at $20 with a variety of Clorox Products!
You can enter Just by sharing with us your favorite funny 5-sec. rule story. The guidelines are below to enter to win
- Do you or someone in your family follow the 5-second rule? – comment and tell us who uses it and with what ? = 1 entry
- Who’s more likely to follow the 5-second rule in your house? – comment and tell us who and if anyone is against it, tell that too! = 1 entry
- What are the most popular items to 5-second rule? – comment and tell what are the top 5 items where the 5 sec. rule is used on most frequently = 1 entry
- Do you have a funny 5-second rule story? – comment with your funny story = 1 entry
- Thinking about Sam Bee’s style, what’s your parenting style? – comment and tell us how you parent = 1 entry
- Share a picture or funny video with us (send a link) of someone using the 5 sec. rule – comment with a link to the photo or video = 5 entries !!!!
This contest starts NOW and will end on Feb. 9th, 2010 at 8PM EST. Winners will be posted to this site. As with all giveaways winner MUST be a subscriber to this site, either via subscription or through Facebook feed. Winner will be posted to this site by Feb. 10th, 2010. Winner will have 48 hours to email me to claim their prize.
Have fun with this, I am sure this can generate a lot of funny stories and photo’s, I would love to hear them and share them.
There is MORE… Here are some other bloggers who are also holding the giveaway of the Clorox Prize pack, so you can visit their blogs and have even MORE chances to win!
Thank you to all who enter and Good Luck !!!
The Plus Size Mommy
*Please note, stories, video’s, and photo’s may be posted to the Clorox Facebook page*
*I am being compensated via giftcard for this post*