Last year my now 14 year old son had his first school dance. It was an informal one so he didn’t have to wear a suit and tie, but he still most definitely wanted to look good. So I packed up the family and we headed to the mall. We looked around and most of the shops had t-shirts or outfits for say 20+ yr. old guys but nothing that really “fit his style”. While we walked around the mall basically window shopping at that point, we came across The Gap.
My son peered in and said, “Mom, this place has nice clothes, but they look too expensive”. I agreed but because it was a very important occasion for him and a huge milestone, I told my family that I would like to take him in and look around anyways. Boy, was I happy we did.
The clothes were stylish, felt durable, and were the “right fit” for my son. Most importantly, my wallet wasn’t in distress because, guess what? The clothes were reasonably priced and the SALE items were awesome. I told him to go ahead and pick an outfit. He was shocked, because he still thought it was expensive. He chose a very nice dress shirt, a pair of pant, and a sweater. As we were looking he also saw a belt he liked and also found some cologne that he said was a “must have” to smell good. So, I said yes, you definitely had to smell good (For mom’s who have boys, you understand this, I knew he was growing up because he really wanted to smell good most boys are hard to get clean,lol)
While we were in the store my now 12 yr. old son sparked interest in the clothes too. He really loved the jeans. And of course, my 2 daughters ages now 5 and 3, are mini fashionista’s and they wanted to know where their section was and wanted new clothing too. Well, this was a special occasion for my 14 yr. old so I didn’t want anyone else to get to pick anything, it would make him feel even more special. By the way, my husband was with us, and he wanted some jeans too, but I even told him, “no”, lol.
The dance went well and he danced with at least 4 girls (that I know of) so I am thinking the cologne worked and of course his handsome new clothes. He had a great night.
Now, this year is a different story. Since I know the clothes are not expensive and I can get awesome sales, I am definitely taking all of the kids to The Gap to get new school clothes. The outfit my son bought still looks brand new today, they clean so easily and ARE as durable as they felt in the store. We are very pleased with that purchase.
This year is a very important school year for all of my kids. My youngest is starting pre-school, my oldest daughter has her first day of Kindergarten, My youngest son starts middle school, and the oldest is starting High School! (and I am gonna be home alone, which I have mixed thoughts on). So, off to the Gap we will go and this time, everyone get’s clothes! (I might even allow my husband to get a couple things )
I have been looking around on Gap.com GapKids and babyGap collections to pre-shop before we hit the mall. I am in love with the new The Portobello Road Collection it is adorable. Let me share a few of my favorites with you:
The Gap puts complete thought into their collections. For instance the Fall 2011 The Portobello Road Collection is focused on London inspiration. This is perfect for this school year with the new Prince and Princess’s marriage over the summer and everyone raving about London. The Gap even has a Union Jack Messenger Bag and London inspired caps for boys. What proud Mummie wouldn’t want to dress their kids like a Prince and Princess?
Oh and I mentioned earlier about the awesome sales that The Gap has, Check this one out: From 8/5-8/17 DENIM is ON SALE! They will have Kids and Baby Jeans on Sale from $15 !! Durable, quality jeans for $15 ??? Mom’s you know this is a heck of a deal.
Now, to help your wallet this Back To School Season, and to have you go to The Gap store and see what I saw last year for yourself this year. I am heading that way for sure. Here is a Giveaway for a $25 Gap Gift Card:
REQUIRED FOR ENTRY:
- Please Follow The Gap on Twitter ( @Gap ) and Tweet one of the Following to them: ” I just entered the @Gap $25 GC Giveaway on @PlusSizeMommy’s Blog to help my wallet in time for Back to School -My Fave item is:<insert here> “
2. ” I just saw The Portobello Road Collection from @Gap and I want to win the $25 GC on @PlusSizeMommy ‘s blog #GAPSchool ” = Comment with the tweet thread and let me know you have done this = 1 entry for each Tweet, up to 3 per day. (up to 3 entries each day)
2. Go To Facebook and share the link to either this post or to The Gap website using the hashtag #GAPSchool. = Comment with the thread info. and you can share up to 2 times each day. (up to 2 entries each day)
- Follow me on Twitter I am @plussizemommy = 1 entry (comment and let me know you did)
- Follow me on Networked Blogs, just look over in my right sidebar and click “Follow this blog” = 2 entries (comment and tell me you are)
- Comment and tell me what your favorite item (s) are from the Gap.com Kids/Babies collections on their website. = 2 entries
- Give this post a Stumble on StumbleUpon Here, all you have to do is click the “SU” Green and Blue button under “Bookmark Us” section on my right sidebar, comment and let me know you have = 2 entries.